Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Book Review (5th of 2008)

Sticking with the political theme.

The Choice by Bob Woodward (abridged audio).

This book basically picked up where the last book I read left off. It is a candid look at the months leading up to the '96 election campaign from the Dole and Clinton camps. How they reached their decisions about running, and how they shaped their campaigns.

I now think I've now read most of Woodward's books from the 90's, and most of the major books on the Clintons. This book was short and didn't have much new information in it. I think every Woodward book has one Clinton line in it where he lays out the F-bomb, and this is no different.

I give it 2 stars out of 5. Bob Dole really is a nice guy, his wife is a nice lady, and this book shows it well. A quick, easy read.

No comments: