Saturday, February 09, 2008

Hiatus

I'm taking a 7 day fast from blogging starting tomorrow. It's not that I've run out of things to blog about, just that sometimes blogging keeps you from other things that are more important to think about.

Until then, a few links of note:
HT: Rynoman. The NCAA hosted a 2-day mock Selection Sunday with sportswriters and TV commentators, and liveblogged it. A fascinating look at how the brackets are put together every March. Also, somewhat disappointing.

Many bloggers I read are quite skeptical of Rick Warren.
Matt McKee sent me a blog page of a techie who was posting from the Davos World Economic Forum. The guy met and briefly interviewed Rick Warren, and found him quite likable.
I encourage you to watch this video with Rick Warren.
I liked how he believes technology is great, and also how he talks about his church's thousands of small groups that all get to travel to do missions.

Taylor Wehrle has found a cool sermon series from Sovereign Grace Ministries. It's 4 sermons on how we can glorify God through sleeping, working, eating, and playing. I'm definitely interested in the sleeping one. Maybe I'll listen to these instead of blogging.

This is what I'm looking forward to watching tonight. I'm eager to see and listen to the radio transmissions of 3 of the 4 guys on this page for free, as advertised. Joni and I are both very eager for the Daytona 500 a week from tomorrow.

1 comment:

TaylorW said...

if anyone deserves a "hiatus" from blog posts - you got it!

looking forward to your return...