Monday, April 14, 2008

Book Review (#12 of 2008)

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. Easily the most convicting book I've read in a long time. It really opened my eyes to the importance of understanding your child's struggles and guiding him toward the Lord. In order to demonstrate genuine Lordship to him, you have to be authentically surrendered to the Lord, and that's tough every day. I highly recommend this book to all parents or soon-to-be parents!

I also now look around at people's behavior and weaknesses and determine how they must have been raised (kind of an odd side effect of reading the book). I don't agree with 100% of the parenting advice written, but I agree with 100% of the principles they were getting at. I learned a whole lot. Tripp and his wife now have a series of Shepherding books on their website.

I give the book 4.5 stars out of 5.

1 comment:

Keith Walters said...

I am glad t hear that you enjoyed it. The gave it out at Together for the Gospel so I know it must be awesome!!!