Thursday, April 23, 2009

I hate Twitter (Part 2)

At the advice of my brother-in-law, I'm going to install TweetDeck. I'm not sure how having my Tweet feeds more organized will make them easier or more useful to read. I will still have dozens of tweets to read. Clutter is a problem. My blog feed reader has 150 feeds in about 20 categories and I have 5,500 unread posts right now. I imagine with Twitter it will be something like 20 feeds but 20,000 unread tweets.

But I digress... I hate Twitter because every time someone posts a link to something, it's not a true URL but rather a Twitter-modified one (the tinyurl.com thing). Clicking on any of them angers the firewall at my workplace. It thinks I'm trying to use a proxy server to get around the firewall and look at obscene content. Therefore, I cannot look at anything anyone links to, and those tweets are useless.

2 comments:

Matt McKee said...

Here is a great resource for you so that you can stop the hate.

http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/2009/04/23/twitter-for-business-essentials-archive/

JDTapp said...

Firewall at work also won't let me install TweetDeck. This is in part the school's fault, they disable a lot of java and flash stuff that annoys me frequently.