Sunday, November 22, 2009

4 in a row

Image by Carlos Barria/Reuters in the NY Times.

If you had told me at the beginning of the season that Jimmie Johnson would win his 4th consecutive Sprint Cup title, the first time in 61 years of NASCAR that anyone has done that, and that Hendrick Motorsports would finish 1-2-3 for the first time in NASCAR history, I honestly wouldn't have been surprised.

The only thing that would have surprised me was if you'd have told me that Mark Martin was the #2.

From the NY Times' article:
“I will say that what he has done is incredible and as much as he wins, Jimmie’s one of those guys that you want to hate,” Jamie McMurray said. “But he’s one of the best guys out here. I think he’s very deserving of what he has.”

Congrats Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus on another superb season! You're the best that's ever existed in the sport.

No comments: