Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fun at the Lake

We spent a much-needed last weekend away at my parents' house on Lake Barkley. It was fun for Elias to waverun and try something new like archery. I also decided to water ski. I hadn't tried to ski since I was about 17, and to my recollection I did not get up on skis at that time-- hadn't since I was much younger. To me, it's only worth it to work and have designated Leg Days in your week, if you then use the strength to do things you couldn't have done.

In the boat with Nana

Driving the boat (and honking the horn) with Granddad

Riding with Dad, no picture of us on the waverunner this time.

Trying archery for the first time. Shot two arrows.

Joni as Katniss. Seriously, she hit the target on her first try. Claims she hasn't tried since she was 12.

Water skiing did not last long. Once I was up I kind of said "Hmm, this is like skidding along the water being at the mercy of whatever is pulling me." But I was able to check it off the list for all time's sake.

No comments: