Friday, October 03, 2014

Sermon of the Week (9/28 - 10/4, 2014) Greg Pinkner on John 1:1-18

This week I listened to sermons in Numbers, Isaiah, Mark, John, 2 Corinthians, Hebrews, and James and this Pinkner sermon on John 1 really stood out. He is the teaching pastor at Fellowship Church in Knoxville, where my sister's family attend. I am convinced he's the best expository teaching pastor in America, better than Dever, MacArthur, Chandler, you name it. His sermon is usually the first I listen to every week (he preaches every other week).

The sermon is titled God Our Creator, God Our Redeemer. This is just a fantastic exposition of this passage. Pinkner lays out how radical the claims John was making for Jesus, and Jesus' claims about himself, would have been in Jesus' day and offers tidbits I'd never thought of before. Available on iTunes or as a direct mp3 download or you can watch it here. Enjoy.

No comments: