Monday, December 29, 2014

Sermon of the Week (12/21 - 12/27, 2014) Romans 8:28-30 by Andy Lawrence and Tony Cecil

Sermon of the Week is the weekly series where I highlight a sermon (from the selection of preachers on the right) that I believe best explained a passage or had the biggest impact on my week.

I'm behind in posting because I got behind in listening, had to use part of the holiday to catch up (in place of my commutes; I had a 4-day weekend). This week I'm highlighting two sermons on the same text, both titled Victorious by His Choosing. The Point Community Church is an Acts 29 church plant in both Frankfort and Lexington. Their elders preach on identical texts but with their own unique takes. They've been working through Romans 7-8, dealing verse-by-verse with some of the more difficult aspects. This text highlights suffering, justification, what it means that God "foreknew," and how this text was meant to be an encouragement to Christians.

Tony Cecil (Lexington) version.
Andy Lawrence (Frankfort) version.

Enjoy and feel free to comment on which sermon you liked the most.


No comments: