Tuesday, January 06, 2015

2014 Fitness Stats in Review

In 2014, I wore my FitBit every day. Here are the results:


Most proud of the 13,053 floors (average of 35/day). You can see that I started the year not averaging many steps (or floors) a day. Our health plan gave reward points based on getting 10,000 steps a day (5 days a week) so that incentivized me to keep moving.

I also succeeded in working out roughly 5 days a week. Thankfully, the health plan syncs with my Polar heart rate monitor as well, so I will likely focus less on steps in the upcoming year and more on actual workouts. (The calorie count is unreliable as not every workout got logged.)

I also read 124 books, chronicling them here, Goodreads and Amazon. I'm now in the top 25,000 of reviewers on Amazon and am pretty excited about it.

Self-improvement in mental and physical fitness is a worthwhile endeavor. Diet and exercise helps you concentrate and de-stress (it also helps you play with your 60 pound son who loves to climb on your back). It helps you avoid sin. I also could not have read and listened to the number of books if I weren't also exercising. I learned more about history, theology, tax policy, foreign policy, Medicaid, forecasting, etc. in the last year than in any year prior. All of the above can be used for the glory of God.

What will you do with your 2015?

No comments: