Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Reason Why I'm Glad I Switched to Android (in no particular order). Reason #1:

I gave up my iPhone 4s in 2014 with some coaxing from a co-worker who sent me a OnePlus One invite. I was able to get iPhone 6 power and functionality for a fraction of the price, so I made the leap. I've not blogged about the advantages I've gained because there are so many, but occasionally I'll post one here.
One annoying aspect of an iOS device is that you can't just plug a flash drive into it and go. For my iOS devices I would quickly port things on-off using Dropbox or other file-sharing services, but those have limits without paying and I need to transfer gigs at a time. My 32 GB iPad 2 is full of my own media and no room for my son's, and I can't just plug his flash drive into the iPad to get them at will. But I can plug a drive into his Android tablet anytime. Porting movies and apps onto my iOS devices from iTunes is like banging my head against the wall. Behold the simple fix of Android: This is a Kingston Digital 16GB Data Traveler Micro Duo USB 3.0 Micro USB OTG (DTDUO3/16GB). You can see it's small, fits on my keychain.Standard USB on one end, micro USB on the other. It cost me $10.



I copy a few gigs worth of files off of my desktop onto the drive, plug the drive directly into my Android phone, copy them off in 30 seconds and am good to roll on. No muss, no fuss.

No comments: