Saturday, April 25, 2015

Podcast of the Week (4/19 - 4/25, 2015) Mark 1 with @thomasjones and Dr. Rodney Reeves: Dry Bones Dance


Dr. Rodney Reeves had a big impact on my thinking and approach to Scripture when I lived in Bolivar, MO. You have never heard better sermons on Paul, and Reeves' books both on the Gospels and Paul's epistles are good reads. A fellow podcast enthusiast, Tom Jones, had the epiphany of recording a verse-by-verse conversation about the Bible and began recording conversations with Reeves going verse-by-verse through the Gospel of Mark. He calls the series Dry Bones Dance.
This past week, I spent time absorbing their conversations about Mark 1. I've spent the last 6 months or so studying Mark and am glad to add these conversations to a list of commentaries I'd recommend. Mark 1 and 2 are available via iTunes and the entire series is found here. Enjoy.




No comments: