Friday, April 03, 2015

Podcast/Sermon of the Week (3/30 to 4/4, 2015) Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology

I've been reading through Gordon Fee's How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth , a good introduction to exegesis and hermeneutics. As he works through some difficult texts in Scripture, I keep thinking back to Wayne Grudem's lectures on Biblical Theology based on his textbook that he delivered to his church in Arizona. I have the textbook as reference, but he diverges quite a bit. There are 117 in the series, I have not listened to all of them (yet). These are the ones I've found particularly helpful:
Episodes 39-45: How to Interpret the Bible.
The Four Characteristics of Scripture (Part 1 here).
New Testament Canon (good for apologetics).
Old Testament Canon.


How do I find time to listen to all these? First, find a podcast app that lets you speed up the delivery and remove silence. I might listen to these at 2.5x, meaning a 50 minute lecture is only 20 minutes. If there are long pauses and it removes silence, it will be even shorter. I use Pocket Casts for Android, it has lots of good features and I highly recommend it.

Enjoy.

No comments: