Monday, May 04, 2015

How to Donate to Relief in Nepal via ShelterBox

One of my classmates in graduate school was Nepalese, so I contacted her to find out about her family. She responded that everyone is accounted for, but she and her husband are raising money for work on the ground. She writes:
"I have been busy raising funds for a non-profit org called ShelterBox which is already on ground and working in Nepal. If you'd like to spread the word the link is http://shelterbox.kintera.org/kafle
$1 = 101 Nepali Rupees and it will provide 4 meals for one person."

"ShelterBox USA is an international disaster relief organization whose mission is to deliver humanitarian relief in the form of equipment and materials that bring shelter, warmth and dignity to people affected by natural disasters and other humanitarian crises worldwide." You can visit their GuideStar information page here.

I made a small donation and am urging my readers to do so as well!

No comments: